Monday, August 24, 2009




Another of my new lovely WAHM friends...Jen of Mini-Stylista...

What inspired you to start your mini-stylista blog and social network?


From a young age I was always inspired by fashion. I spent every cent I earned either buying fashion magazines or beautiful clothes. I always wanted to own my own boutique however never had the confidence to take a risk and set one up. When my son was born I had this urge to pursue my dreams however I found my focus had shifted from being obsessed with Adult fashion designers to kids clothes. I originally set up a website called My Style Australia which was going to be an online blogzine dedicated to Australian fashion.

But I just couldn’t stop thinking about how much Kids fashion is inspiring me! Then I saw the amazing kids blog Mini Gaga and felt the need to create a blog and post pretty pictures of all the Kids fashion I love. Therefore I set up the Mini-Stylista blog and had so many kind emails about how people loved the blog I decided to set up the Network too!

What did you want to be when you were a little girl ?

A fashion designer or buyer

What is your favourite colour ?

Pink

How many kids do you have ?

Just one little boy Rocco who is turning one in September (see pics of Rocco's Nursery above)

What is the best thing about being a work a home mum ?

With out a doubt spending more time with my son and working while he sleeps!

What advice do you have for other mums wanting to start a business from home ?

NETWORK! I have made so many amazing friends (such as you lovely Sarah!) through networking on Twitter or facebook and even my own social networking site Mini-Stylista!

How do you juggle the balance of working at home and being mum ?

I often try to only work on my sites when he is sleeping! My husband also helps cook dinners and clean as much as he can which is lovely and this allows me to work from 7 pm to midnight!

What do you do to relax / what is your idea of a relaxing day ?

I have learnt that when you become a mum there is no such thing as a sleep-in anymore!!! At the moment the Sites have been so busy I haven’t been able to relax and have been working 17 hour days! But to be honest I am a perfectionist and workaholic so this is heaven to me being so busy! However when I do have time my idea of a relaxing day would be what we sometimes do on Sundays: drive to our favourite patisserie and buy some delicious French pastries a coffee and lie in the park and read magazines (kids fashion ones naturally!!!)

CHECKOUT JEN'S STLYISH BLOG HERE; http://ministylista.onsugar.com/
AND THE FABULOUS SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE DEDICATED TO KIDS STYLE; http://www.ministylista.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment